Pages

May 30, 2013

Life Lately

Life is crazy hectic lately! Ben and I are sooo busy everyday, I don't think we quite realized how instantly our daily lives were going to change once we got engaged.

I'm honestly not complaining (too much) because we have been having a lot of fun! We've been visiting friends, going out to celebrate, making wedding plans, and shopping for supplies. All really great. However, because wedding planning/celebrating is not the only thing going on in our lives right now, we're feeling stretched pretty thin. We have been out every night except for two since we got engaged. There hasn't been much downtime on the weekends. We come home every night exhausted and crash into bed immediately  To say the apartment has been neglected as a result is an understatement! The mess is making me cringe.

You know what though? It's all going to be worth it. I am so completely excited for our wedding day, to say our vows, to laugh and dance and celebrate with our friends and family. So long as we're smart about how we spend our time and try to take days off from all the craziness (if possible), I think we will be ok. I can get easily overwhelmed and forget to ask for help (and I've been told that I'm the BRIDE so I should be delegating- ha!) So I'm going to work on that. I honestly think the next few months are going to fly by!!!

This weekend we are helping my sister move into her new house (she's renting, but still proud of her!), getting one more of my bridesmaids fitted for her dress, buying my wedding dress fabric (my Mom is making my dress, we bought the pattern last week!), and then hopefully taking Sunday off to have a date day together. We really need it.

So for now, I'm going to close with a collage of pretty things making me happy right now (helps when I'm stressed), and my "Currently" list.

Currently:

Dreaming of: Our Wedding Day, our honeymoon in Italy, travelling in a camper (on my bucket list!)

Listening to: The album "Some Nights" by Fun. Old favourite, love it.

Reading: So many blogs. I haven't had the time to sit and read a good book lately and I miss it. Blogs are a quick read so that's working for now:)

Wondering: What my summer is going to look like.

Eating: Lot's of chicken and salads. We are off carbs during the week (for the wedding and our health) and we have a cheat day on the weekend. It's been working out so far.

Anticipating: All the wedding fees we will have to pay (yikes!), going for picnics, my cousin moving back from London next week!!!


Making Me Happy Right Now:


These pictures make me all kinds of happy. The turquoise sea is in Sardinia Italy- one spot we are definitely visiting on our honeymoon!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo I am so excited for you! This time is so special, it really does go too fast with how busy you get. You will LOVE Italy, don't know if you have ever been before! If you haven't you will die!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alycia! Neither have us have ever been to Italy before (or anywhere in Europe) so we are SO excited!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love it if you left a comment so that I could get to know you:)