This week just. felt. long!
After a couple nights of insomnia coupled with day after day of some serious rain that kept the kids and I indoors, I am ready for the weekend, and lot's of rest!
Most people go on about how much they love rain, and some might think it's romantic to get caught in the rain, but I sure don't! I HATE being cold and wet,it makes me grumpy. Don't get me wrong, I love listening to the rain at night as I'm about to fall asleep, because at that point it's not going to interfere with my day. Also, if the week has been really busy, I might welcome a rainy day for the quiet indoor time that it brings. But day after day of rain? No thank you! (End rant)
So to pick up my spirits a little bit on this sixth rainy day of the past two weeks, here's a list of a few thing's that are making me happy right now:
1. My early morning Starbucks run for hot chocolate
2. Hugs from the kids-any time of day!
3. Having someone to come home to
4. Going through old photos
5. Skinny jeans (only recently embraced them, and I now realize I was missing out!)
6. Some crafts I'm hoping to tackle this weekend
7. The double chocolate cupcakes a friend and I whipped up last night 8pm.
8. This necklace http://www.lisaleonardonline.com/tiny-twig-necklace-P301C8.aspx (I wear a Lisa Leonard piece almost every day!)
As I am finishing up this post the rain has started to land in sheets. All I can say is that I am now looking forward to a quiet night in, and maybe I'll listen to the rain a little.
Oct 14, 2011
Every day I sign on to Blogger with the intention of posting, and every day I get so distracted by all the other blogs on my news feed (amazing, inspiring, and frankly more interesting) that, of course, months go by between my posts.
To be honest I don't even expect that this blog will ever be anything special to anyone but me, but I do see all these creative posts that other's are putting out day after day and think, why not participate?
And so until I get organized enough to post photos, which are on my home computer, today I'm just going to post a few silly facts about me. :)
48 Random Facts About Me:
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:20 am
2. How do you like your steak? Medium rare
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? 50/50- Excellent movie!
4. What is your favourite TV show? How I Met Your Mother
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Near the ocean
6. What did you have for breakfast? Pumpkin cream cheese muffin and hot chocolate
7. What is your favorite food? Margherita pizza, or any kind of pasta dish!
8. Foods you dislike? Peas, relish, coleslaw, anything involving soggy bread (ugh!)
9. Favourite place to eat? Jack Astor's, for now.
10. Favourite dressing? Greek Feta
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? I don't, I should
12. What are your favourite clothes? Skinny Jeans, sun dresses, coats
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Italy, Ireland, Greece, France, England, Switzerland (basically all over Europe)
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 full now, I used to be the other way
15. Where would you want to retire? At a beautiful house by the ocean
16. Favourite time of day? Sunset
17. Where were you born? Medicine Hat, Alberta.
18. What is your favourite sport to watch? I don't really watch sports, but I grew up with hockey, so I'll tune in. When it's time for the Olympics however, I'm all in!
19. What is your favourite fragrance? Tommy Girl when I was a teenager, lately it's Ralph Lauren Romance.
20. What is your favourite face cream? The Body Shop Vitamin E cream
21. Favourite baby/kids products? Baby blankets and shoes!
22. People watcher? Yes, especially at coffee shops
23. Are you a morning or night person? Late morning/early afternoon, just to be difficult!
24. Do you have any pets? Jewel (cat) Gilmore (Turtle), plus Nibbles (cat) and Muffy (dog) that I had to leave with my parents, can't have all those pets in an apartment!
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Planning a Europe trip next summer!
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A princess and a Mom.
27. What is your favourite memory? My first year with Ben
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Both
29. Are you married? No
30. Always wear your seat belt? Yes
31. Been in a car accident? Twice
32. Any pet peeves? People talking with their mouths open, rolling your eyes, talking loudly during movies at the theatre
33. Favourite pizza toppings? Mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and basil
34. Favourite flower? Orchids and Gerber Daisies
35. Favourite ice cream? Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia
36. Favourite fast food restaurant? Wendy's
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? None
38. From whom did you get your last email? Does Etsy count?
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Anthropologie, Banana Republic, or Forever 21!
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? When you're a nanny, you do a lot of spontaneous thing's with little ones!
41. Like your job? Love it :)
42. Broccoli? Steamed
43. What was your favourite vacation? Any trip to Nova Scotia or NYC
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Ben and my family
45. What are you listening to right now? The thunderstorm outside
46. What is your favourite color? Teal
47. How many tattoos do you have? None
48. Coffee drinker? Just quit, my body can't handle it any more, but I miss it.
I haven't filled out a questionnaire like this since high school, when I'd be bored in the library. Silly, but fun!