Pages

Jan 13, 2013

Random

It's been one of those days. (Please excuse all the jumbled thoughts that I am sure will follow)

Last night I awoke somewhere around one am to one of the most excruciating migraines I have ever experienced. Nothing helped. I couldn't get back to sleep until seven am, and even then it was only for a couple of hours. Not a fun night. Not at all.

So today has been a very, very lazy day. I've watched seven movies so far, (combination of Disney and chick flicks, I am not ashamed), snuggled with my cats a lot and kept all lights off except the mini lights over the bed. Oh, but that was all after I enjoyed a glorious breakfast in bed from my man, who, after hearing about my night went straight to the kitchen to cook for me without a word. I love him.

One of my personal goals for 2013 is to simply do more of what makes me happy. Whatever that happens to be. I spent too much of 2012 worrying, and thinking that I "should" be doing this and that, or that my life "should" be a certain way. That doesn't work for me any more. This year I am going to embrace joy. Take more bubble baths, learn a new recipe, take more pictures, snuggle with Ben, buy clothes that make me feel good, spend more time with my friends, go thrifting. Those things all bring me joy. That's just off the top of my head. My point being, life really is short and precious, and I will not waste mine. I am going to enjoy the heck out of it for as long as I can. Maybe that sounds heavy, but this is just how I have been feeling.

I have all these ideas bouncing around in my head lately- so much I want to accomplish this year. In particular, I want to embrace creativity a lot more. I've got notebooks filled with random thoughts and lists- it's how I operate. If I could make or learn at least one new thing a week, I think that would be fantastic. I don't like making lofty new years goals, this seems manageable. Maybe, just maybe I might actually turn that idea into regular blog posts:)

More to come, I think. Going to enjoy the rest of my night now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love it if you left a comment so that I could get to know you:)