Pages

Apr 5, 2013

Without You


This morning on my way to work the song "Without You" by David Guetta came on my I-pod. In the morning I'm usually too tired to pay attention to the lyrics of the song I'm listening to, so I'll zone out and daydream. For whatever reason this morning, I paid attention. The following lyrics really got to me:

"I am lost, I am vain. 
I will never be the same
Without you"

Now I know that this song is, in essence, a song about the aftermath of a breakup. And realizing how much you need the other person. Obviously that's not what I relate to, but even still, it got me thinking. 

About how truly blessed I am to have found someone to share my life with. Someone who tolerates all my quirks and is there for me on the good days as well as the bad. About how I do not want to take one single day of our life together for granted. About how flawed I truly am, but am lucky to be loved and accepted anyway. And about how I know this to be true- without Ben in my life, I really would not be the same.

He challenges me, humbles me, and encourages me to follow my passions. I am so grateful for all of this. We have our challenges like any other couple, but at the end of the day, there is great love there. 

I hope that I never have to be without Ben. This song made me think about that too- and it's a thought that I really do not like to explore for very long. Really, who does? Right now, I know that I love him completely, and that he makes me want to be a better version of myself. I hope he knows that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love it if you left a comment so that I could get to know you:)