Pages

Oct 20, 2010

A Week in Review...(Last Week)

I have a few quiet moments to post so I'm taking advantage. My days have been so hectic lately, and then when I get home I crash (still getting over this cold unfortunately) so I haven't been very on top of thing's like this blog, or dishes or really much else other than work or sleep. I think I need to get back into a good exercise routine asap, because it's never taken me this long to get over a little cold, especially since I've been going to bed around 9:30 every night and passing out (pretty sad fact).

Despite my sluggishness this past week has been awesome. Work was busy, but great (I'm a nanny to 3 children, 2 of which are just over 1 year old) and I've had quite a few nights of extra babysitting lately, so I guess I can't totally be blamed for passing out when I get home after a 13 hour work day. On the nights that I was home, (only a couple) Ben and I just spent quiet time together, which was nice. Sometimes I crave going out and doing something new or fun, other times it's nice to do nothing and just be together, and that's what I needed last week. Were working on decorating the apartment some more (we moved in together last August) which is fun and makes the place feel more like home. Right now we're going through all of our pictures together (it's taken several nights, we have a lot!) to pick out the ones we love to put into a collage. It's a nice thing to do together, at least I know I love to look over old pictures and reminisce. We also finally picked up a nice looking pumpkin to go out on the balcony, and some orange Gerber daisies for the table in honour of fall. I'm big on decorating for the seasons and I love having my own place to do that in (though I realized quickly that living with a guy does not mean I get my way with the decor all the time!)

Last Thursday night I also had my first ever online shopping experience (shocking for those that know me, because I looove to shop, but for some reason online shopping scares me). So I finally did it, and I ordered these beautiful necklaces from Lisa Leonard Designs. For those that haven't seen her jewelry or read her blog, check it out: http://www.lisaleonardonline.com/
I fell in love with her jewelry awhile ago and her blog is so inspiring. I'm definitely happy with my purchases and can't wait for my necklaces to arrive in the mail!

Ok, finally getting to the weekend. It was AMAZING! On Saturday Ben, my sister Laura and I drove up to Montreal to visit my cousins Meaghan and Grace. This was a big deal because we hadn't seen Grace in 11 years (my family is pretty spread out) and it's a rarity for us to see our cousins. The trip was our birthday present to my sister (who turns 17 veeeery soon) and I don't think it disappointed! To sum up, we had a beautiful fall day despite promised rain, wonderful food, saw some wonderful art around Old Montreal and soaked up all the time we had together. Oh and the newly reunited Laura and Grace....twins! It was hilarious, they're the same age, like pretty much the same things and had the same back and forth banter going on....the Yin to the other's Yang. Seriously, best day ever!!

On Sunday Ben and I went out with my parents for french fries and a delicious brownie at a local diner, then on for a nature walk. We went along this path on Hazeldean road and it was beautiful. Mom was really eager to see some deer, so we had brought carrot sticks for them, as well as bird seed for the many chickadees that eventually came round to eat out of our hands (Ben was the winner as the birds seemed to prefer him). After about 20 minutes of feeding the chickadees and ducks we spotted while crossing the board walk, we headed back. Just as we were about to turn the last corner we saw a little crowd gathered, and turns out Mom got her wish, there was a lone deer (a doe) slowly coming towards us and quickly eating up the carrots people were leaving for it. What a nice way to finish off the walk!

Ok, so this post was long winded since I had to catch up on the week, I'm going to try and post daily so that my blog doesn't seem so all over the place! In the meantime I'm looking forward to the weekend and sleeping in, oh and finally getting my apartment clean (it's a disaster!) Here's hoping I feel better enough to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love it if you left a comment so that I could get to know you:)