Pages

Oct 21, 2011

Rainy Day Rant

This week just. felt. long!

After a couple nights of insomnia coupled with day after day of some serious rain that kept the kids and I indoors, I am ready for the weekend, and lot's of rest!

Most people go on about how much they love rain, and some might think it's romantic to get caught in the rain, but I sure don't! I HATE being cold and wet,it makes me grumpy. Don't get me wrong, I love listening to the rain at night as I'm about to fall asleep, because at that point it's not going to interfere with my day. Also, if the week has been really busy, I might welcome a rainy day for the quiet indoor time that it brings. But day after day of rain? No thank you! (End rant)

So to pick up my spirits a little bit on this sixth rainy day of the past two weeks, here's a list of a few thing's that are making me happy right now:

1. My early morning Starbucks run for hot chocolate
2. Hugs from the kids-any time of day!
3. Having someone to come home to
4. Going through old photos
5. Skinny jeans (only recently embraced them, and I now realize I was missing out!)
6. Some crafts I'm hoping to tackle this weekend
7. The double chocolate cupcakes a friend and I whipped up last night 8pm.
8. This necklace http://www.lisaleonardonline.com/tiny-twig-necklace-P301C8.aspx (I wear a Lisa Leonard piece almost every day!)

As I am finishing up this post the rain has started to land in sheets. All I can say is that I am now looking forward to a quiet night in, and maybe I'll listen to the rain a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love it if you left a comment so that I could get to know you:)