Pages

Feb 24, 2011

Trying to Find the Words

Oh this is not a good week. I usually try to come on here and write about positive things, but today I'm saying to hell with that, at least for now.

I've caught this cold that's going around from the little ones I care for, so most days I'm exhausted and losing my voice and all I want is a blanket, chicken noodle soup, a hot bath and hot chocolate (not necessarily in that order). Money has also been really tight lately, which is a constant source of stress and normally when I'm stressed I either eat (I should specify that it's usually junk food) or I shop...which I can't do, so instead I'm just eating and wishing I could shop.
This whole winter thing is also driving me crazy right now. Yes, I live in Canada and I should be used to it, but when you care for little ones and can't get outside very much due to unpredictable weather...it sucks!! I'm longing for spring and summer so much right now, I seriously can't wait.

But those complaints are small, compared to what's really bothering me. I have a good friend that's going through a really hard time, and I can't be there for her. I'm frustrated because I don't know what to say, instead I wish I could just drop everything and show up at her door with a hug, some candy and a good movie. Why is it that when something awful happens (a time when people need words of comfort the most) we struggle to find the right words? Or we worry that we aren't doing enough, or maybe that were doing too much and should just back off. And yet, it's not about us, it's about the person that's hurting and as I'm writing this, I hope she knows that I would be there as fast as I could if she needed me.

There are times when everything aligns just right and life is going smoothly, and then there are times like these, when I don't understand life at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love it if you left a comment so that I could get to know you:)